For governments, councils and all organisations exposed to the unavoidable consequences of climate change
Climate change is a reality and models predict that the frequency and intensity of extreme weather will continue to increase regardless of mitigation efforts. The CSIRO has reported that climate change events are already ‘clearly visible’ in Australia and impacts include changed rainfall patterns, increased heat events and coastal inundation, to name a few.
The importance of adapting the built environment – our homes, workplaces and industrial buildings – to changing weather patterns is increasingly being recognized as crucial to prosperity. Our societies must be resilient to extreme weather events to ensure safety and provide a strong basis for economic stability.
At Edge Environment we are contributing to the global adaptation effort with research, tool development, policy advice and consultancy. We are using our knowledge of buildings and building products, and our expertise in building tools, to contribute to shaping a well-adapted, resilient, built environment.
Climate Change is a reality that requires a response:
- Governments and councils must protect their citizens, infrastructure and assets.
- Developers must create buildings capable of withstanding new environmental conditions.
- Insurers must predict their new and increasing liabilities and find opportunities within these challenges.
- All businesses must consider how climate change will affect their supply chains, infrastructure and investments.
Edge Environment has experience and expertise to help your organisation:
- Understand the risks posed by climate change
- Assess the effects of risks on your organisation’s operations
- Undertake research and build tools to develop adaptation pathways