We have a new opportunity for a dynamic Senior Sustainability Consultant to join the team here at Edge.
The core responsibility of the role is to the project management, development and delivery of the Building Resilience Rating Tool, climate change adaptation and resilience projects. The ideal candidate will have a higher-level university degree in materials science, structural or civil engineering (or similar). You will lead a series of projects that provide the opportunity to interact with a variety of stakeholders working in the built environment and sustainability industries. The role also provides a unique opportunity to contribute to the fast evolving climate change adaptation and resilience agendas. The role requires:
- Excellent project management, client management and communication skills
- Materials science knowledge, preferably with a focus on building materials including a strong understanding of the structural performance of building materials.
- Knowledge of climate change adaptation and resilience, particularly in reference to the built environment
- Experience developing website specifications or web based tools
- Experience with, or understanding of, geographic information system (GIS) data
- Technical research and report writing capability
- Systems analysis skills including critical elements and cascading impacts
Non-essential but desirable qualifications and skills include:
- Experience with risk assessment standards and guidelines for climate risk assessment for infrastructure
- Understanding of climate projections
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of GIS Software
- Knowledge of programming language and software such as Matlab or R
The right candidate will enjoy:
- Continual learning and development at the forefront of sustainability
- Working in small and agile teams with a high level of independence
- Building networks and creating new business opportunities
- Working collaboratively within a team with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds
As part of our team you will benefit from:
- Ongoing investment in training and development
- A strong culture of work-life balance including established flexibility arrangements
- Working for a certified B Corp that lives our values
- Opportunities for career development and to influence the direction of the business
Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience.
Status: Full time, permanent position
Start date: February 2017
Applications should be concise and relate directly to the skills/experience outlined above. Responses should include:
- A cover letter (maximum 1 page)
- A CV summarising your relevant employment history, experience, education and including contact details for two referees
Applications should be sent to email@example.com as soon as possible and no later than 20th February 2017. Applicants shortlisted for further assessment will be contacted for an interview.