Edge is currently advertising for two new positions. See our other vacancy here.
Job title: Sustainability Consultant
Status: Full time, permanent position (flexible options possible)
Start date: April 2017
We are looking for someone who loves data, modelling and coding. You will enjoy bringing these technical skills to solutions in sustainability. The focus initially will be on evolving Edge’s suite of tools for building resilience ratings, climate change, supply chain risk assessments and life cycle modelling tools. The role will work across many of our existing sectors including property, infrastructure, manufacturing, insurance, finance and food.
In this role, you have the opportunity to help us shape new tools and offerings to clients while supported by a dynamic team of sustainability experts.
You will have:
- A higher-level university degree in computer science, sustainability or related discipline
- Experience in programming languages such as ‘R’
- Experience developing website specifications or web based tools
- Technical research and report writing skills
- Strong MS Excel skills including manipulation of large data sets
They right candidate will enjoy:
- Continual learning and development at the forefront of sustainability
- Working in small and agile teams with a high level of independence
- Working collaboratively within a team with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds
As part of our team you will benefit from:
- Ongoing investment in training and development
- A strong culture of work-life balance including established flexibility arrangements
- Working for a certified B Corp that lives our values
- Opportunities for career development and to influence the direction of the business
Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience.
Applications should be concise and relate directly to the skills/experience outlined above. Responses should include:
- A cover letter (maximum 1 page)
- A CV summarising your relevant employment history, experience, education and including contact details for two referees
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 27th March 2017. Applicants shortlisted for further assessment will be contacted for an interview.